Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Grandmother Dearest

"Everytime A Child Is Born, A Grandparent Is Born Too" (gpfound@grandparenting.org)

I just love spending time with my grands. The joy of being grandparents! As grandparents we want to protect our grandchildren, just as we protected our children from the wicked ways of the world. Parents plant the seed in teaching them morals, ethics and spiritual beliefs. Grandparents have an extra quality that complement these teachings, it has a longer view of life.

My grandchildren are my heaven here on earth. When I'm away from them more than a day, they will call to tell me they miss me, and ask when are you coming home? When I'm sick, just to see their faces, and hear them say Maw-Maw are you okay? I'm praying for you. To hear them say Maw-Maw I love you and to give me a kiss each and everyday. Now do you see why they're my Heaven on Earth?

No comments: