Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Rebuilding The Family

Now, more than ever, grandparents are raising their grandchildren. There are many children who's parent(s) have become victims of drugs, national disasters, and even death. Grandparents are taking on a new role. They have raised their children, and now they are stepping up to the plate to raise their grandchildren.

Grandparents are to be commended for keeping their families together. Grandparents are to be commended for raising their grandchildren, and not letting them be passed from foster home to foster home. The government must use these alternative providers in order to meet the need for rebuilding strong families.

My grandchildren are blessed to have their parents raise them. Thank God for the many grandparents who have stepped up to the plate in raising their grandchildren. If the opportunity presents itself... will you raise your grandchildren, or will your grandchildren be put through the system?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent point. I'm glad for my grandma. My parents immigrated from the Philippines when I was young. They both had to work long hours to pay the bills.

My siblings and I could've been sent to day care but our grandma stepped in and raised us for much of our childhood.

She taught us discipline, cleanliness, and hard work. In fact, I give her much of the credit for helping me have a work ethic including finding and keeping a job.

Keep up the great blogging :)